The Infrared process works by using propane mixed with air to increase heat. In turn this extreme heat is absorbed by a patented ceramic blanket that when heated emits approximately 18,500 BTU’s per square foot. In less than 10 minutes the blanket will heat the asphalt to 350 degrees 2.5″ deep or the surface course in an area as large as 102 square feet per 10 minute heat. The infrared heat will not burn the asphalt therefore, the result is asphalt equivalent to fresh plant mix. In most cases Fresh Mix is added from a heated hot box to bring the grade of the patch to the proper height. The patch is then compacted to form a seamless patch.
Advantages of Infrared Patching
– 100% Recycling
– Seamless Joints
– Year Round Hot Asphalt
– Less Traffic Disruption
– Off Hour Repairs
– Repairs can be made in less than 20 minutes
Reduced Environmental Impact
– Reduced Material
– Reduced Trucks and Equipment
– Reduced Expenses
Why Should You Choose Infrared Asphalt Repair?
- Time – Repairs can be made in a fraction of the time of conventional methods. Your road parking lot or driveway can be open to traffic immediately after the repair.
- Quality – Infrared repair creates a thermal bonding with the surrounding pavement making the repair an integral piece of the pavement. This means not seams for water to re-enter and cause joint failure.
- Recycle – Most existing asphalt is recycled leaving little or no waste material. Material sent to be dumped is reduced by 80%.
- Labor – repair are fast and simple Two men and about 20 minutes is all that is needed for a typical repair.
- Cost – the saving realized in materials, manpower and machinery make infrared repair the only choice if you are looking for a great value at less expense than conventional methods.